Sunday 27 February 2011

Life in East Kilbride

The first weekend is easy to describe. I spent the whole saturday in my bed watching movies as I really had to give my brain some time to analyse and save all those important informations and directions I received at work....

My new tiny "office" :-)
My flatmates took me to the IKEA in Breahead on Sunday because I discovered an urgent need to buy a desk for my laptop and a chair to mach the desk. This will be extremely important later when I´ll be writing my bachelor thesis... ufff, ufff.

The IKEA store was really friendly to my purse and so I ended up with a small wooden desk and a white plastic chair just for 25pounds alltogether. A bargain, acctually!!!!

And guess what! I put both pieces of furniture (the IKEA flat packs) together completely by myself! Took me almost three hours but I did it!So that  I could enjoy the comfort of my newly-created office part of the room in the Sunday evening. :-)

Just to mention, the cat is a real cuttie. He´s really old but moves pretty quickly especially when he sees food. He´s obsessed by food :-) And we´re getting pretty well with each other. Thanks to Lucky, I changed my decision from buying a dog to getting an older cat (2-8 years old) from a cat shelter after graduation. There are more reasons acctually, but Lucky was the final reason. :-)
Lucky. My flatmate is lucky to have him.
The second weekend was quite a boring one.... I slept through the whole Saturday, only to wake up for a movie and then went back to bed again :-) It is not easy to get used to the new working life of mine as you can see. :-)  The assimmilation process demanded a whole Saturday for me to recover!

I felt a wee bad about the Saturday wasted so I woke up a little earlier on Sunday and went for shopping to the East Kilbride Shopping Centre which is supposed to be the biggest one in Scotland. It is just 20mins of walk away and to be honest, it really is massive! :-) It has an ODEON cinema, ice rink!!!, curling facility (the ice rink in the evening :-D) and thousands of shops! :-) A real heaven for shoppoholics. I went to the Acessorize store and bought three pairs of gloves on a really good sale.

The ice rink and curling facility
 One store was really interesting - the "Americandy". Heaven for anyone who likes sweets. Going inside was a big mistake, I couldn´t decide what to buy so I ended up with a full little basket and paid more than 7pounds for all kinds of sweets. I´ve still got many of them left as they aren´t as tastefull as they looked like. :-D Probably just a bad choice. 
The Candy Shop



1 comment:

  1. aa, ja bych sla do toho nakupniho centra!!8-) a zabruslit si!

    ReplyDelete