Sunday 27 February 2011

The Amazing Lunch in Science Centre Glasgow

A second day of work and an invitation to a lunch already! How great is that?! We, as a company, were invited to a lunch at the Glasgow Science Centre to sample the new menu (the centre changed its chef and together with him all recipes).

The Glasgow Science Centre (http://www.gsc.org.uk/) is right next to the SECC (Scottish Exhibition and Conference Centre) and it is basically something like the interactive technology and science museum in Dresden. It´s really nice for children because one can try out various experiments. I haven´t been there as a proper visitor but Marion, my former flatmate told me about it.

Furthermore, is the GSC a 5star venue for various events (especially for those organised by companies) like conferences, award ceremonies and product launches. So besides the great educational qualities, the centre offers services in event management and catering. We came to test their new catering and to have a chat about past and upcoming events.

The lunch began with a greeting round and a glass of champaigne (which was really nice by the way, not too sweet, not too sour, not too bitter - just the perfect taste like everything else on that day).

The atmosphere was unexpectedly private, only a few companies were invited/arrived. Hello Scotland was the biggest group. :-) The lunch was served in a "bistro style" (standing like at a christmas market in Germany). It consisted of three courses but each of those included several options, so that you ended up with 5-6 different dishes. I took my role as a sample taster very seriously and tried almost everything! :-) I had a salmon with some herbs, cheese and lemon as a starter. I can´t remember all of the dishes as the event happened almost 3 weeks ago but I definitely remember that it was the best food I´ve ever eaten! Every single spoon of traditional haggis, wild mushroom stroganoff and roast duck with a plum sauce tasted like heaven! Let me write it again. I had never eaten anything else that would taste so lovely before! Maybe, except for my mum´s potatoes with greek cheese and leek. :-) We were all full way before the desserts had arrived but that couldn´t hinder us from trying both of them. Yummy! Yummy! Yummy! The second dessert was not so great but I guess that one of the reasons for this was my way toooo full stomach shouting "NO MORE FOOD!!!"

Lets leave all the calories behind and  have a short "marketing" chat. I like the new catering logo very much. It´s playful, innovative, fresh, minimalistic, clever and healthy! Well done! I took a picture of the logos on the GSC menu which you can download from their website.  The catering brochure is nice, too, and full of interesting information. What do you think about the logo? :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment